Tuscan White Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound baking potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 4 Aidells Sun-Dried Tomato Sausage links, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 bunch Swiss chard, stocks removed, cut into ribbons
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste to taste
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine the wine and shallots and simmer until reduced to a thick syrup. Stir in the cream and Dijon and continue to simmer until slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium high heat, add the oil and sauté the sausage until browned, about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Reserve the pan to cook the cabbage.
- Return the skillet to medium high heat and sauté the green cabbage about 1 to 2 minutes, until it just begins to wilt. Transfer to a bowl.
- Sauté the red cabbage in the same skillet about 1 to 2 minutes, until it just begins to wilt. Return the green cabbage to the skillet. Stir in the vinegar and jelly and cook 1 minute. Stir in the cream mixture and cook until cabbage is crisp-tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the salad warm topped with the sausage and crumbled blue cheese.