Margherita Sausage and Eggplant Pasta
The satisfying, veggie-packed meal you didn’t know you needed.
- 1 package Aidells Italian Style Margherita Smoked Chicken Links
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 package angel hair pasta
- 5 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces of fresh basil pesto
- 1 Cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Large dice the eggplant and tomatoes, brush with 1 ounce of olive oil and spread on a baking sheet. Roast the vegetables until browned and tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- About halfway through the roasting, add the sausage links to the pan of vegetables.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as directed, remove from water and toss with the olive oil and cracked black pepper.
- Remove the pan from the oven and slice the sausage links. Plate the pasta and top with roasted vegetables, the sliced sausage links and dollop with the fresh pesto.