Sausage Pita Pockets
- 4 Aidells Habanero and Green Chile Sausage links
- 4 pita rounds
- cucumber yogurt sauce
- 1 cup coarsely chopped ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300º.
- Pan fry or grill the sausage over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on a side until browned and heated through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Wrap the pita rounds in foil and warm in the oven for 10 minutes. Cut the top off the pita and open up the round to form a pocket. Fill the pockets first with the sausage, then with a couple of tablespoons of the sauce and top with the tomatoes and cilantro.