Mushroom Sausage Sandwiches with Carmelized Onions
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 3 pounds red onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Aidells Portobello Mushroom Sausage links
- 4 soft French rolls
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions, sugar and salt and sauté about 40 minutes, until onions are very soft and browned.
- Grill sausages over medium heat until heated through, about 5-8 minutes.
- Toast or grill the rolls until nicely browned.
- Place a sausage link in each roll and top with caramelized onions. Serve warm with spicy mustard.