Sausage Sandwiches with Honey Beer Mustard and Carmalized Onions
- 1/4 cup Coleman's dry mustard
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 3 pounds red onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Aidells Artichoke and Garlic sausage links
- 4 sliced sandwich rolls
- In a small saucepan, combine the mustard, beer, vinegar and honey. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions, sugar and salt and sauté about 40 minutes, until onions are very soft and browned.
- Grill sausages over medium heat until heated through, about 5-8 minutes.
- Generously brush sausage with mustard as they cook.
- Place the rolls on the grill and toast on each side. To assemble, brush each side of the rolls with the honey mustard. Add and sausage link and top with caramelized onions. Serve warm.