Warm Sausage Potato Salad
- 4 Aidells Habanero and Green Chile Sausage, diced
- 1/2 pound red potatos
- 1/4 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 bunch chives (snipped or finely chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (finely chopped)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ large red onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup lager
- 3 tablespoons. malt or cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To make the dressing: In a small frying pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive and sauté the onion until just soft, about 5 minutes. Add the lager, the vinegar, and sugar and boil for 5 minutes. Transfer to a food processor and add the mustard. With the motor running, slowly pour in the remaining 4 tbsp. olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To make the salad: In a large skillet cook the sausage over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, transfer to a large salad bowl and keep warm.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain and slice into ¼ -inch rounds. While the potatoes are still warm, gently mix with the sausage, onions, parsley and dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with chopped chives.