Baked Barbeque Beans and Spicy Sausage
The leftovers are even better the next day!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red pepper (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium yellow onion (cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 4 ounces links Aidells Habanero Green Chile or Cajun Style Andouille Sausage (cut into 1/2- inch pieces)
- 1 small can of green chilies
- 2 15-ounce cans of Cannellini beans (drained)
- 1 15-ounce can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup your favorite barbeque sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat add the oil and saute the onions, peppers, and garlic sauté for 5 minutes. Add the sausage to the pan and sauté for three more minutes. Stir in tomatoes, green chillies, beans, barbeque sauce, balsamic vinegar, and brown sugar. Mix ingredients thoroughly. Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.