Sausage and Vegetable Skewers
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces large button mushrooms, cleaned
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch sqaures
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 15 ounces can artichoke hearts or one package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 4 Aidells Artichoke and Garlic Sausage links , cut into 1/2-inch slices (or your favorite Aidells flavor)
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, vinegar and olive oil. Toss the vegetables in the marinade and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Set up your grill for medium high heat. Skewer the vegetables and sausage alternately onto skewers and grill 8-10 minutes, until the sausage is brown and heated through.
- Serve over rice or small pasta tossed with herbs and butter.