Sausage and Vegetable Gratin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 Aidells Spinach and Feta Sausage links, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 3-4 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 6 ounces Gorgonzola or other bleu cheese
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450°.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sausage and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they just begin to brown. Stir in the garlic, mushrooms and asparagus and increase the heat to high. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms release some liquid. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from the heat, gently stir in the cheese and place in a shallow baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the top.
- Bake until the gratin is bubbly and well browned on top, about 10-15 minutes, and serve.