Sausage Spiked Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Aidells Mango Sausage, chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked medium grain rice
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted prunes
- 1 cup apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, stir in onion and sausage and cook for 5 minutes until slightly brown. Add the rice and stir until well coated. Pour in the chicken stock, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Put the rice in a large bowl, stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the rice mixture in a well-oiled casserole dish, cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes.