Sausage and Shrimp Pasta
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic clove whole (whole)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (divided)
- 16 shrimp (marinate in orange juice, lemon juice, salt)
- 1/2 package Aidells Pineapple Bacon Sausage (2 links) (diced)
- 1 ounce pancetta (diced)
- 1/2 pasta (half box pasta)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 ounces lemon juice (marinade)
- 4 ounces orange juice (marinade)
- salt (pinch)
- butter (if desired)
- Combine peppers, onion, garlic cloves, and 1 tsp olive oil in a covered baking dish and roast at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, marinate shrimp in orange juice, lemon juice, and add a little salt, for about 20 minutes. While that marinates, dice sausage links and pancetta. Brown shrimp with marinade, sausage, and pancetta in remaining olive oil in a skillet, about 3-4 minutes, turning shrimp as needed.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions. Once shrimp mixture has browned, stir in the maple syrup. After pasta cooks, drain and return to pan. Add shrimp mixture. Remove pepper mixture from oven, and using the back of a spoon, smash the garlic cloves into a paste, and then stir well to combine with the veggies. Stir into pasta mixture. Add 1 tsp of butter and stir until melted, if desired.