Sausage and Leek Soup
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 4 leeks, cleaned and chopped (white and pale green parts only)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 Aidells Portobello Mushroom Sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the carrots and celery and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the leeks and flour and cook, stirring, about 3 minutes. Add stock and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer partially covered for 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes, sausage, and oregano and simmer soup, partially covered, until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper.