Quick Sausage Cassoulet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package aidells artichoke & garlic sausage (4 links)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 19-ounce can white beans (cannellini, navy, or great northern), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup finely ground fresh bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon additional olive oil
- 2 tablespoons additional finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, add the oil. Add the sausages and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool then slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook the onions and garlic until beginning to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in the herbs, bay leaf, parsley, and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Add sausage and beans and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- While the cassoulet simmers, make the topping: In a small sauté pan over medium heat, add the oil and heat until almost smoking. Add the breadcrumbs and sauté until lightly browned. Stir in garlic, parsley, and sauté 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, remove and discard the bay leaf. Transfer the bean mixture to a 1-quart serving dish and sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Serve immediately.