- 1 pound Penne Pasta, Ziti, or Mostaccioli (cooked according to package directions)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Aidells Italian Sausage (sliced on the bia)
- 1/2 cup Green Zucchini or Green Summer Squash
- 1/2 cup Yellow Summer Squash
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (chopped)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Red Cherry Tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1/3 cup Niçoise olives (chopped)
- 6 cups arugula
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves (coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Thyme leaves
- extra virgin olive oil (for drizzle)
- Grated Pecorino Cheese (as needed)
- Cook your pasta as your package directs.
- While the pasta boils, in a large pan - sauté the sausage, squash, garlic, hot red pepper flakes, in the oil in a pan until the sausage is browned.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, arugula, and Thyme. Toss and cook until the arugula wilts – about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and mix well. Drizzle with a good Extra Virgin Olive Oil and serve with grated Pecorino and chopped Basil.