Mango Sausage Thai Curry
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons Thai curry paste (red, green or yellow)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup water or chicken stock
- 1/2 tablespoon Southeast Asian fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 Aidells Mango Sausage links, sliced into 1-inch rounds
- 3 unpeeled Japanese eggplants, cut into thick slices
- 10 fresh white mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- juice of one lime
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Stir in the curry paste to coat everything well. Cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, water or stock, fish sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and add the sausage, eggplant and mushrooms. Simmer about 10 minutes until the eggplant is soft. Add the red pepper slices, taste for salt and pepper and add a little more curry paste, if desired.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and gently stir in the basil leaves. Season to taste with lime juice and serve over jasmine rice.