Pasta with Zesty Italian Style Meatballs
- 1 pound dried pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 roasted red peppers (chopped)
- 4 ripe Plum or Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces haved or grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of well-salted boiling water until al dente. Drain. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until it just begins to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and sauté another 30 seconds. Add the meatballs and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Add the peppers and tomatoes and stir until warm, about 3 minutes. Add the drained pasta and oregano and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. To serve, divide among four pasta bowls or plates and garnish with parmesan cheese.