Penne with Eggplant, Peas and Sausage
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 Aidells Italian-Style Sausage with Mozzarella Cheese links
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 pound penne pasta (cooked according to package instructions)
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the eggplant and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, until it becomes soft.
- Stir in the sausage and fry for 2 minutes. Add beer and bring to a boil. Reduce the liquid by half. Add the peas, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan.