Corn, Potato and Sausage Chowder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 pound baking potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1/2 cup chicken borth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups corn kernals
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 links Aidells Habanero Green Chile or Cajun Style Andouille Sausage
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the potato and 1 cup of broth. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook until the potatoes are just tender, 10-15 minutes. Stir in the remaining ½ cup broth, water, corn and cream. Bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and remaining tablespoon butter using your fingers or a fork. Stir into the soup and stir constantly until it returns to a simmer and thickens slightly. Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet and brown the sausage over medium-low heat, 4-5 minutes.
- Stir sausage into soup, season with salt and pepper, and scatter cilantro over the surface.