Cheesy Artichoke Sausage Pasta
- 1 pound rotelli or other curly pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Aidells Artichoke and Garlic Sausage links, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or water packed artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 pound cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cold unsalted butter
- 6 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of well-salted boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the sausage and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until it begins to brown. Stir in the garlic, artichoke hearts, red pepper, broccoli and cauliflower and sauté another 30 seconds. Stir in the white wine and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half. Stir in the cold butter. Toss with the cooked pasta and cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.