Broccoli Rabe Artichoke Sausage Pasta
- 1 pound broccoli rabe
- 3/4 pound rotini or other curly pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Aidells Artichoke and Garlic sausage links, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan to taste
- Bring a small amount of water to a boil in a saucepan, salt generously. Add the broccoli rabe, cover and steam for 2-3 minutes, until just wilted. Remove from the pan and immediately run under cold water to cool.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of well-salted boiling water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, onion, bell pepper, garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the cooked broccoli rabe and the balsamic vinegar and stir well to mix. Cook another 3-4 minutes, stirring until the broccoli is tender but still crisp. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sausage-broccoli mixture to a large serving bowl. Toss with the pasta and sprinkle generously with Parmesan.