Pasta with Artichoke Sausage
Try this artichoke sausage pasta dish that combines spaghetti with a variety artichokes and Aidells sausage links. Serve at room temperature.
- 1 pound angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Aidells Artichoke and Garlic sausage links, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or water packed artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cold unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the sausages about 5 minutes until nicely browned in either a large sauté pan over medium-high heat or on a preheated grill. Allow to cool slightly and cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cauliflower and boil for 3 minutes. Lift out of the water with a strainer and immediately plunge into a bowl of ice water (to stop the cooking). Drain and set aside. Put salted water back on the stove and bring to a boil again, add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- While the pasta cooks, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, basil or parsley and sugar in a medium bowl. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and place in a large mixing bowl. Add half of the dressing and toss to coat. Add the sausage, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, carrots, feta, Parmesan and olives. Add more dressing to taste and toss again. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add more dressing if needed. Serve chilled or at room temperature.