Pasta Salad with Artichoke Garlic Sausage
All the classic taste of your favorite pasta salad gets amplified with Aidells Artichoke Garlic Sausage. Add your favorite veggies to this sausage pasta salad recipe.
- 1 package Aidells Artichoke Garlic Sausage
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets
- 1/2 pound cauliflower florets
- 1 pound dried penne pasta
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into ¼ inch rounds
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 ounces pitted Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or parsley. coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the sausages about 5 minutes until nicely browned in either a large sauté pan over medium-high heat or on a preheated grill. Allow to cool slightly and cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the broccoli and cauliflower and boil for 3 minutes. Lift out of the water with a strainer and immediately plunge into a bowl of ice water (to stop the cooking). Drain and set aside. Put salted water back on the stove and bring to a boil again, add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- While the pasta cooks, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, basil or parsley and sugar in a medium bowl. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and place in a large mixing bowl. Add half of the dressing and toss to coat. Add the sausage, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, carrots, feta, Parmesan and olives. Add more dressing to taste and toss again. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add more dressing if needed. Serve chilled or at room temperature.