Pasta with Artichokes and Capers
A pasta filled with artichokes and capers takes the main stage for this dinner recipe. Add Aidells Artichoke and Garlic Sausage links to complete this dish.
- 1 pound angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Aidells Artichoke and Garlic sausage links, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or water packed artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cold unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated Paremesan
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of well-salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes until it begins to brown slightly. Add the garlic and artichoke hearts and cook another 30 seconds. Add the white wine, bring to a boil, turn down and simmer until it is reduced by half. Stir in the chicken stock and reduce slightly. Add the capers and cold butter. Toss in the cooked pasta and Parmesan and mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.