Frittata with Sausage and Leeks
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Aidells Artichoke & Garlic Sausage links (cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 9 large eggs
- 1 pound leeks (white part only) (cleaned and chopped)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a heavy skillet, sauté the garlic in butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat for one minute. Add the leeks, mix well. Cover and cook until tender, 7-10 minutes.
- In a second skillet, gently brown the sausage in the remaining tablespoon of oil over medium heat, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange cooked leeks evenly over the bottom of the first skillet and distribute the sausage over them. Beat the eggs briefly, just enough to break the yolks and combine them partially with the whites. Pour the eggs gently over the leeks and sausages without mixing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to stand, keeping the pan covered until the eggs are firm, about 15 minutes.