A simplified recipe for gorditas that is easy to make at home.
- 12 4-inch corn tortillas
- 8 eggs (beaten)
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 4 Aidells Habanero & Green Chile sausage links (chopped)
- 2 jalapeno peppers (coarsely chopped)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- chopped green onions (optional)
- chopped fresh tomatoes (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Cut tortillas in half, wrap in foil and warm in 325° oven for about 10 minutes. The tortillas should open up like pockets.
- While the tortillas are warming, heat the sausage in a small skillet. In a larger, heavy skillet, scramble eggs in olive oil. When the eggs are done, mix in sausage, jalapeños and black pepper. Fill each half tortilla with the warm egg-sausage mixture. Garnish and serve.