Hot Baked Cheese and Sausage Dip
Be sure to have lots of crackers and bread for dipping.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 Aidells Artichoke and Sausage links (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 15 ounces can artichoke hearts (drained and chopped)
- 1 round unsliced loaf rye or sourdough bread
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In medium skillet, over medium high heat add the oil and saute sausage, onion and garlic until lightly browned.
- Beat together sour cream, cream cheese and Cheddar until smooth. Stir in the sausage mixture and artichokes.
- Cut a slice off the top of the bread and scoop out insides, leaving about a one-half inch shell. Pour cheese mixture into bread, place top back on and wrap in foil. Place on baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, until dip is heated through. While dip is baking, cut scooped out bread into cubes and toast. Unwrap bread loaf and serve surrounded by bread cubes and additional crackers.
- Serves 6