Artichoke & Garlic Triangles
A Bruce Aidells Signature Recipe.
A quick, easy appetizer for your next party.
- 4 aidells artichoke & garlic sausage (chopped)
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces unsalted butter (can add up to 4 oz as needed)
- 10 ounces sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sausage and ricotta. Season to taste with pepper.
- Lay one sheet of phyllo on your work surface. Brush it with melted butter and top with another sheet of phyllo. Cut the double layer of phyllo into 6 to 8 strips, 2” to 3” wide.
- Place a teaspoon of sausage/cheese mixture about 1 inch from the bottom of a strip. Fold the right hand corner over the filling to form a triangle. Continue folding the triangle up the entire length of the strip, as if you were folding a flag. Repeat this procedure with the remaining phyllo and filling. As the triangles are finished, place them on parchment-lined baking sheets. At this point, the triangles can be frozen on baking sheets until solid, placed in re-sealable plastic bags and frozen until ready to bake.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375º. Bake the triangles for 25-30 minutes (35-40 minutes if frozen), until the pastry is golden and flaky.