Swiss Chard Andouille Sausage Soup
Add an additional package of Aidells Cajun Style Andouille sausage for a more substantial meal. Crusty garlic bread is fabulous with this.
- 1 package Aidells Andouille Sausage (slice into thin circles)
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (large bunch, remove and dice the stems, chop leaves into bite size pieces or rough chiffonade)
- 1 large white onion (diced same size as chard stems)
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon crushed sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (add to taste)
- 4 cups water (or more to make a more brothy soup)
- Brown sausage, then add chopped chard stems and onions and saute' till soft. Add all remaining ingredients and simmer 20 to 30 minutes till chard and veggies are cooked to your liking. Fast, easy and healthy.