Sweet Potato and Sausage Crumble
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 9 Aidells Maple and Smoked Bacon Breakfast links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 375º
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the flour, pecans, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the mixture is lumpy and moistened, set aside.
- Layer the sweet potatoes and sausage in a large baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream and nutmeg. Pour the cream mixture over the sweet potatoes and evenly distribute the flour mixture on top. Bake for 45-50 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft and the top is browned.