Sausage and Mixed Greens Salad with Cherry Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons dried tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon seeded mustard
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil (or substitute canola oil)
- 1 package Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage
- 1/2 pound mixed greens
- Place the cherries, brandy and red wine vinegar together in a small pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and let stand a minimum of ½ hour. Drain the liquid and reserve.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey, mustard and reserved liquid. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the oil until well combined. Stir in the cherries and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Warm the sausage either in a pan with a little butter or on a grill and slice into ½-inch thick slices on the diagonal.
- Toss the greens with some of the dressing. Place a mound of salad on each plate, fan the sausage over the greens and sprinkle with the cherries from the dressing.