Sausage Couscous with Fruit and Pistachios
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage
- 1 cup small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried couscous
- 1/4 cup dried apricots
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, (to taste)
- Bring the stock to a boil in a saucepan. In the meantime, dice one sausage. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, stir in onion and chopped sausage, and cook 4-5 minutes, browning slightly. Add the couscous, apricots and raisins and stir until well coated. Pour in the boiling chicken stock, remove from heat, cover and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- In another heavy skillet, sauté the remaining whole sausages for 2-3 minutes per side over medium heat until well browned. Slice into 1/2” rounds and set aside.
- Stir pistachios, lemon juice and mint into the couscous and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the couscous onto a serving platter and arrange the sliced sausages on top.