Sausage, Sweet Corn and Rice Salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausage links, chopped
- 2 cups uncooked fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups freshly cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 cup chopped mozzarella or other smoked cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 bunch watercress, leaves only
- Mustard Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat and fry the sausage for 4 minutes. Add the corn and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Place cooked rice in a large bowl, add hot sausage mixture and cheese. Toss lightly and add pine nuts and watercress. Pour Mustard Vinaigrette over the salad and toss.
- Mustard Vinaigrette - 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.