Red Beans and Rice
This traditional Louisiana favorite gets an added kick from Aidells Cajun Style Andouille. Serve as a main dish or a side dish with grilled Andouille or chicken.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 aidells cajun style andouille sausage links, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (or thyme)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 15-ounce can of red beans or kidney beans
- 1/4 cup roasted canned red peppers or pimentos, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and the sauté sausage, Cajun seasoning, onion, celery and garlic over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the red peppers, beans, tomato sauce and chicken stock. Simmer 10 minutes. Serve the mixture over cooked rice.