Quick Choucroute Garnie
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausage links, cut in half
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 large boiling potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound sauerkraut, drained
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, and cook until browned about 3 minutes. Add onions and potatoes and sauté until the onions are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock or broth, cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer until flavors blend, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with mustard and thick slices of rye bread.