Pumpkin, Black Bean and Sausage Stew
Try this recipe with one of our spicier sausages like Habanero & Green Chile for a little extra kick.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 package Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausage (diced into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 15-counce cans pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- cayenne pepper, salt and sugar to taste
- In a soup pot over medium heat add the oil and saute the onions for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, sausage, black beans, tomatoes, corn, and pumpkin and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and stir in milk, curry and cumin. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with cayenne, salt and sugar.