Porter Braised Sausage and Onions
- 4 Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage links, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 pound small boiling onions, peeled and left whole (about 18 onions)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 bay leaves
- 12 ounces bottle of dark beer, such as porter or stout
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients, except salt and pepper, in a deep skillet or Dutch oven. Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes or until a knife tip can be easily inserted into the onions.
- Remove the onions and sausage and reserve.
- Reduce the liquid over high heat until there is just enough syrupy glaze to coat the onions and sausage. Pour this over the onions and sausage. Season with salt and pepper.