Hot Potato and Sausage Salad
- 2 pounds small red boiling potatoes (unpeeled)
- 1 tablespoon salt plus more to taste
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package Aidells Cajun Style Andouille Sausage (chopped)
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water, add 1 tablespoon salt, and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes, until a knife inserted into a potato meets no resistance. Drain. When cool enough, cut each potato in half. Cut each half into ¼ inch slices and put in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the cider vinegar and toss in the red onion, green onions and parsley.
- In a heavy pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to the potatoes. To the fat remaining in the pan, add the garlic, cayenne, mustard, black pepper, Tabasco and remaining 3 tablespoons of cider vinegar. Bring to a boil whisking constantly. This should loosen any sausage bits and produce a smooth creamy dressing. Salt to taste. Pour the dressing over the sausages and potatoes, and mix lightly. Serve immediately.