Grilled Sausage and Prawn Brochettes
Delicious with bulgur or wild rice.
- 1/2 cup Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- 1/2 pound large shrimp in shells
- 1 medium red onion (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 3 Japanese eggplants (cut into 3/4-inch rounds)
- 2 Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage links
- 1/4 cup sweet mango chutney
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil and ginger. Add the shrimp, onion and eggplant and toss to cover. Marinate for 15 minutes to 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Thread alternate pieces of sausage, shrimp, eggplant and onion on skewers. Grill over medium-hot coals for 2 minutes. Brush with the chutney and turn the skewers. Brush with the chutney again. Continue cooking 2 minutes on a side until the eggplant is soft, the shrimp pink and firm, and the sausage heated all the way through, 8-10 minutes.