Baked Smoked Chicken Apple Sausage with Cider Sauce
A classic pairing -- apples and cider -- served as an appetizer.
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 bottle lager or ale
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 6 links Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage, sliced into 1" pieces
- Preheat the oven to 37
- Bring the cider, lager and stock to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Boil about 8 minutes to reduce. Whisk the sugar, vinegar and mustard in small bowl until blended. Add to the cider mixture. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 2 ¼ cups—about 6 minutes. Place the sausages in a baking dish and spoon the sauce over. Bake until the sausage is heated through, about 15 minutes.