Andouille Sausage Stuffed
A fantastic game-day app that will delight the crowd.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Aidells Andouille Sausage (chopped)
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese (grated)
- 1 bunch green onions (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Pierce each potato several times with a fork and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, until tender.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into quarters. Scoop potato pulp from skins leaving a 1/8" thick shell (save pulp for another use). Transfer to a baking sheet and brush both sides with melted butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Return to the oven and bake about 15 minutes, until crisp.
- While the skins are in the oven, sauté the Andouille for 3-4 minutes until beginning to brown. Drain off any fat and set aside.
- Sprinkle the Andouille, cheese and green onions on the potato skins and return to the oven for 5 more minutes, until the cheese has melted. Serve warm.