Sausage Cheddar Scones
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Aidells Cajun Style Andouille Sausage links, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup cream
- Preheat oven to 450º
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Add the cheese, sausage and buttermilk and mix until the dough just holds together. Do not over-mix.
- Turn out on a floured work surface and knead 2-3 times. Divide the dough and shape into two rounds about ¾-inch thickness. Cut the rounds into triangles. Place the triangles fairly close together on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden.