Crispy Cornmeal Sausage Waffles
- 4 links Aidells Maple & Smoked Bacon Breakfast Links
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 unsalted butter (melted)
- In a medium nonstick skillet, cook the sausage until nice and brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool.
- Sift the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda together into a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and 3 tablespoons maple syrup. Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients; stir until just combined. Fold in the melted butter and the sausage.
- Preheat your waffle iron and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Working in batches, spoon the batter into the waffle iron, spreading evenly over grid. Close waffle iron and cook until waffle is brown, crisp, and set, about 6 minutes, depending your waffle iron. Transfer to a plate and continue with the remaining batter. Serve with maple syrup.