Baked Stuffed French Toast with Chicken Apple Sausage
This stuffed French toast recipe is filled with Aidells Chicken Apple Breakfast Links. Try this sausage stuffed baked French toast recipe today!
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 12 slices French Bread or egg bread
- 1 package Aidells Chicken Apple Breakfast Links (chopped )
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
- 3 cups apple cider
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Cover the bottom of a large baking dish with 6 slices of the bread, cover with the sausage, then cover the sausage with the remaining 6 slices bread. Pour the egg mixture over the bread layers and allow to stand for 1 hour. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes until golden and puffed.
- In a large, heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the apples and sauté until they are slightly soft, about three minutes. Add the cider and cloves and boil for 5 minutes over high heat until the apples and cider form a syrup.
- Cut the French toast and serve with spoonfuls of the apples and syrup.