This baked eggs recipe features your favorite veggies as well as Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage. Impress your family with this simple recipe.
- 1/2 pound Green beans (cut into 3-4 inch pieces )
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage (sliced)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 green onions (white part finely chopped, green tops thinly sliced )
- 2 teaspoons garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 6 plum tomatoes (fresh or canned, peeled and quartered )
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Red bell pepper or mild red chile, cut into ¼-inch strips
- 6 eggs
- Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and blanch for 3-4 minutes, until they are tender but still crunchy. Cool under running water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the sliced sausage and fry until browned on both sides, 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add the onion and garlic and sauté slowly for 5-6 minutes until soft. Add the green chilies and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add the sherry, tomatoes and cayenne and cook for 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the tomato sauce and sausages evenly over the bottom of a 14 x 8 inch gratin or baking dish. Arrange the green beans, and red pepper strips on top. Break the 6 eggs one at a time onto the sauce and arrange them evenly over the dish, taking care not to break the yolks. Garnish with the green onion tops, and bake until the egg whites are set, about 10-12 minutes.