Skewered Andouille Sausage and Shrimp with Creole Mustard Butter
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 Aidells Cajun Style Andouille Sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 green pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
- Soak 25 small bamboo skewers in water for 20 minutes as you prepare the barbecue. Thread the skewers with a piece of red onion and red pepper. Thread a chunk of Andouille sausage, pushing the skewer through the casing so that the edge is parallel to the skewer.
- Continue threading the ingredients onto the skewer alternating vegetables, shrimp and sausage.
- Brush generously with Creole Mustard Butter (recipe below) and grill for 2-3 minutes per side, until the shrimp is pink.
- Creole Mustard Butter
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 6-7 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 3 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter over low heat, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the mustard, Worcestershire, Tabasco and lemon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.