Shrimp and Chicken Apple Sausage Kebabs
For a spicy version of this dish, try using Aidells Andouille Sausage.
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 red onions, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a small bowl, whisk together the jelly, vinegar and mustard. Set aside.
- Alternately thread the sausage, shrimp, peppers and onion on short skewers.
- Grill over medium heat for 2 minutes. Turn and brush with the apple jelly mixture. Cook 2 more minutes on the other side, brush and continue cooking 6-8 minutes, turning and brushing with the sauce, until the shrimp is pink and firm, and the sausage heated all the way through.