Sausage with Yogurt-Cilantro Sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped leeks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- fresh lemon juice to taste
- 4 Aidells Chicken and Apple Sausage links
- 4 pita rounds
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions (optional)
- Cook the chopped leeks in olive oil for 5 minutes until soft. Add the cilantro and mint and cook 1 minute more. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the yogurt. Season with salt and pepper, and add the lemon juice, if desired.
- Pan-fry the sausage for approximately 10 minutes until nicely browned and thoroughly heated. Warm the pita rounds. Wrap the sausage in the warmed bread and top it with the sauce, shredded cabbage and onions, if desired.