Autumnal Appetizer Sausage Satays
Be sure not to overcook the sweet potatoes or they will fall right off the skewers as they cook. You want them just “al dente.” Serve any excess glaze as a dipping sauce.Read More
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly
- 4 ounces links Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage, each cut into 6 pieces (24 total pieces)
- 12 ounces bite size pieces Granny Smith apple
- 12 ounces bite size pieces cooked sweet potato
- finely chopped toasted walnuts and chopped parsley, for garnish
- 12 wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- In a small saucepan place the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer till the sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup and has a syrupy consistency.
- While the sauce cooks, thread the sausage pieces, apple and sweet potato alternately on the skewers.
- Broil or grill the satays 6 inches from the heat source 4-6 minutes turning and basting with the glaze to evenly coat. Brush with the glaze again and sprinkle on the nuts and parsley.