A spicy, easy to make breakfast treat.
- 2 Aidells Habanero and Green Chile Sausage links (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions or scallions
- 4 ounces can fire-roasted green chile (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- 4 corn tortillas (warmed)
- 1 cup refried beans (warmed)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (for garnish)
- tomato (chopped, for garnish)
- Saute sausage in a heavy skillet for 3 minutes over medium heat. Add the green onions and chile and cook for 2 more minutes. Heat the oil in an omelet pan over high heat and add the sausage mixture. Add the eggs and scramble them until done to your taste. Alternatively, you can let them set, then fold over into an omelet. Serve on a warm platter. Garnish with salsa and sour cream. Accompany with refried beans topped with melted cheese and a side of warm tortillas.