White Chili With Whole Blends Sausage
A lighter approach to the winter classic.
- 1 package Aidells Whole Blends Jalapeño Bacon & Cheese Smoked Chicken Links
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 cans white beans
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large poblano pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 ounces Mexican style crema
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- Heat a large soup pot on medium high heat.
- Sauté the chopped onion and poblano for 2 minutes in the pot, then add the chicken stock and white beans. Let chili simmer and thicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet on medium high heat and cook the sausages for 8-10 minutes until well browned and hot.
- Season the chili with the cumin and chili powder. Portion into bowls.
- Slice the sausages and serve on top of the chili bowls with a dollop of crema and the cilantro leaves.